Sunday 17 August 2008

BEIJING OLYMPICS 2008

The 29th Olympics held in Beijing, China will be the olmypics which I will remember for the rest of my life. I mean, the timing itself was bad. I had my trials while the games were happenning. So frustrating.
I mean its The Olympics, let me repeat, THE OLYMPICS, let me stress on that a bit more, THE OLYMPICS for crying out loud.
So as you know, my head was not in the right place during my trials and now I'm wondering what are my results are gonna be.


This year's olympics is all about the person above.


If you don't know who he is, I guess you have been living under a stone with Patrick Star or something.


This year is all about Michael Phelps. At the age of 19, he swam at the 2004 Athens Olympics and he won 6 medals, just short of equalling Mark Spitz's record. However, he came back four years later and he said he was gonna win 8 gold medals and guess what he did!


I missed most of his races all thanks to the trials. Wonderful. But, I managed to catch his last few and I was sitting at the edge of my sit, right infront of the telly and screaming my lungs out.(try imagining that) This fella does not just win, he wins in style. He brought swimming to a whole new stage. Can you imagine, out of his 8 wins, he broke 7 world records and 1 olympic record.


Phelps is just cool. I pray he is not on drugs. That would be a huge letdown. I wanted to put eight pictures of him winning each event, but so hard to find the photos. So I'm just gonna put a few.








Anyway, apart from Phelps, the games have been a roller-coaster ride. From the phenomenal opening ceremony, the controversy about the child singer, the fake fireworks right up to the atheletes achivements. The games thus far have been so cool to watch.

Just take a look at the photos I found.







________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




Okay, enough about the olympics.


So, the trials are over, but it feels as though PMR is. Ah well, it normal. Anyway, I just watched a moive with Jolynn, Geraldine and Kari.

We watched 21. It was so cool. And as usual I was screaming during the show. You can't blame me, the guy is so cute, the plot is great so duh I was screaming. Jim Sturgess who acted as Ben Campbell fitted the role perfectly. I mean he has this blur, genius and innocent look. He is so cute. Hahaha.



When I saw the poster, I was like "Man this show is gonna be good and I have to watch it". Yes it was cool. I know I'm repeating myself, but I can't help it. Hahaha.

I mean, its so cool watching a group of genius youngsters make money in Vegas by playing blackjack. And the characters are really interesting. Choi, Ben, Mikey and Jill just completes the show.

I bet Jo is hitting himself now. Asked him if he wanted to watch he said no. Went and watch Clone Wars instead. HAHA!




BEN IS REALLY CUTE!
ahhh...during the show I was like smiling all the time because of him. He is like just the most adorable thing.

Really comical.

Heee..I've got more photos of him and Jill and Choi =)


Cute right? =) (I'm smiling to myself stupidly now)



This is Choi. He is cool and weird and funny all mixed together. Haha. Loved watching him.


Jill. She is really pretty. If your a movie buff you will notice that she acted in Superman.



Haha. Great show la. Anyway, apart from that movie, Friday was just great. although we walked alot. Kari and I tried playing the dancing thing in the arcade, but failed tremendously. Oh well, all was done for the fun of it.
Trails over!


Ahh, life continues tomorrow. I've gotta go to school. Oh shucks, I'll be missing alot of Olympic action. But one can't have everything.
As Puan Emilda would say "you can't have your cake and eat it". I'm feeling all "englishy" today.



Life is getting better.

No comments: